Let’s kick up the taste with this garlic marinated grilled skirt steak. Fire up the grill and impress your friends and family today.
- 500-600 grs Skirt steak
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper freshly cracked
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian herb mix
- 1/4 cup diced garlic
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
Author Jennifer Pallian
- Lay skirt steak out flat on a wooden board, trim any extra fat or silver skin.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- To make the marinate: add olive oil, herbs, lemon juice and zest with the diced garlic into a large bowl or (preferably) a large plastic bag and mix well.
- Add the steak into the bag and let it marinate for 40 minutes up to two hours.
- Heat the grill or start charcoals – aiming for high heat (about 205C degrees).
- Remove the steak from the bag, and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cook steak when you are sure the grill is very hot, for about 4-5 minutes and then flip it and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- For a medium rare steak, you need to cook it about 10 minutes (this will vary depending on your grill, how hot it is outside, if it is windy, etc so be sure to check your steak and how quickly it’s cooking).
- Remove from grill when the steak is at your preferred of doneness.
- Cover the steak with a tin foil and let it rest for 10 minutes. In this way all the juices will distribute through the meat.
- When steak has rested for at least 10 minutes (don’t rush – if you cut it right off the grill the steak’s juices will all run out), slice it width-wise (so you have lots of thin strips instead of just a few long strips) against the grain – which is essential to keeping the steak from being too chewy or tough.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.