Let’s kick up the taste with this garlic marinated grilled skirt steak. Fire up the grill and impress your friends and family today.
- 500-600 grs Skirt steak
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper freshly cracked
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian herb mix
- 1/4 cup diced garlic
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp garlic powderAuthor Jennifer Pallian
- Lay skirt steak out flat, trim any extra fat or silver skin.
- Generously season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil, herbs, lemon zest and juice, and diced garlic to a large bowl or (preferably) a large plastic bag and mix well.
- Add steak to bag and let marinate for 40 minutes up to two hours.
- Heat grill or start charcoals – aiming for high heat (about 205C degrees).
- Remove steak from bag, and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cook steak on a very hot grill, flipping every 4-5 minutes.
- For a medium rare steak, the steak will cook for about 10 minutes (this will vary depending on your grill, how hot it is outside, if it is windy, etc so be sure to check your steak and how quickly it’s cooking).
- Remove from grill when the steak is at your preferred doneness.
- Place a small piece of foil over the steak to “tent” it and let it finish carryover cooking as it rests for 10 minutes.
- When steak has rested for at least 10 minutes (don’t rush – if you cut it right off the grill the steak’s juices will all run out), slice it width-wise (so you have lots of thin strips instead of just a few long strips) against the grain – which is essential to keeping the steak from being too chewy or tough.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.